Friday, March 11, 2011

I ♥ Heart Faces ♥ and their Fix it Friday theme

I ♥ Heart Faces ♥
and their Fix it Friday theme





Here's the SOOC provided by Michelle Johnson
from Love that Shot




FixItFriday90

FixItFriday90 mytake

Here is my edit - I basically liked the composition, great placement in the photo!  Her eyes are right on our rule of thirds marker and make a great focal point.

I opened the SOOC shot in PS4 and ran Coffeeshop's Perfect Portrait 2 (one of my favorite actions), nicked the sharpen box, did just a tiny bit of skin softening, I did brighten her eyes almost imperceptibly and sharpen them just a hair.  Applied a vignette and decreased the opacity to 20%

Flattened

Ran TRA Oh Snap decreased opacity to 15%
Ran TRA Contrast (Luma) decreased opacity to 60%
Ran TRA Ying Yang, touched up the wheat and grass to darken just a bit
Flattened

Ran MCP's awesome FREE action Mini Fusion - it's a new favorite!
Opened the layers to nick the pink and yellow tones

Sharpened for web and flattened again.

Such a darling photo!

I wanted to do one vertical crop.  Her pose lends itself perfectly to a vertical pose . . .

All I did was crop, kept the eyes as the focal point, and ran TRA Vingnette and Blur, opened the layers to decrease the vingnette to 15%.  I like the softening around the edges and think it draws the attention to the lovely face and beautiful eyes.

FixItFriday90 mytake2


















Kristin ~picasa~ ~flickr~ Sony all the way! Sony A700 & A300  50mm/f1.7 Tokina 28-70 1.2.8, DT18-70mm/f3.5-5.6, DT55-200mm/f4-5.6 loving it!  Personal Blog, Photo Blog

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words about my edits. I really would love to leave a comment about your edits, but for some VERY weird reason, my computer's having a hard time downloading photos these past couple of days (not just from your site), so I only end up seeing the top 5% of the total photo (if at all!). :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails