Saturday, June 25, 2011

Up Close and Personal

Inspired by the up close and personal
photography over at

Kim Klassen Cafe

today . . . I just wanted to share this beautiful
photo my new little grandbaby.

Just a minute old when this photo was taken.

Isn't she precious - love that sweet little face.

We're so grateful that she is here . . .



DSC07454

This is my SOOC shot - I love it!
Needs no improvements . . .

But I do so like to play around and be creative . . .



close up.jpg

I opened it up at picnik.com and applied a sepia tone


close up 2.jpg

Then applied a little 1960's effect
and backed off the opacity by about 75%

The effect offers a rounded corner effect - I really like it, but it doesn't work if you add texture later
so I removed the rounded corners for the next photo so I could add texture.


close up 3.jpg

I applied a warm texture,  nothing too strong or with any harsh lines, just to give it some underlying tones.  I switched the mode to multiplicity (hardly EVER use that! But today it was appropriate).
Decreased opacity to about 75% again.

I like it . . . really like the look.

Which one will I choose to print and frame . . . . hmmmm . . . still pondering on that one.






Kristin ~picasa~ ~flickr~ Sony all the way! Sony A700 & A300  50mm/f1.7 Tokina 28-70 1.2.8, DT18-70mm/f3.5-5.6, DT55-200mm/f4-5.6 loving it!  Personal Blog, Photo Blog

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandbaby! What a fantastic shot! Looking forward to the day when I have one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kristin.... pop by the cafe when you have a moment... there's a
    'surprise' there for you! xxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails