Friday, June 17, 2011

Fix-it Friday from Iheartfaces - With a Twist!

This is a different kind of
~~fix-it Friday ~~

from
I heart faces for me this week. 



It's the middle of the night . . . and . . . I'm working at my REAL job . . .
and do not have access to my laptop or any professional editing software such as
Lightroom or Photoshop.

So I decided to use FLICKR and PICNIK.com

and see what I could come up with using those two services alone.

Actually . . . I really quite LIKE the final result :D


5841078355_9889d4ac00_z
Here is Susan's SOOC image that we begin with . . .
I sooOoo think she and her family are sooOoo adorable!




picnik fix1
After opening the photo at picnik.com
I moved the ROTATE slider to the left slightly to give it a little bit of a tilt kick.

Then using the EXPOSURE
 advanced feature - I bumped the highlights and brightness to the right.
Under colors -slid the temperature to the right and warmed the photo up quite a bit, also increased the saturation just a little.

Next I sharpened by moving the slider to the right slightly.




picnik fix2
Next up:
under the CREATE / EFFECTS tab I added a little Orton-ish processing
and backed it off slightyly.

I added a bright and warm TEXTURE that gave it a warm summery look

Added a little grain with the FILM GRAIN




picnik fix3

And finally - under the ADVANCED tab added a very slight s-curve and a slight levels bump to the right.

Last but not least - added a fun FRAME and some TEXT!

Yep!
I REALLY quite like the result
(ahhh . . . I really am a BIG fan of picnik.com aren't I??)



Kristin ~picasa~ ~flickr~ Sony all the way! Sony A700 & A300  50mm/f1.7 Tokina 28-70 1.2.8, DT18-70mm/f3.5-5.6, DT55-200mm/f4-5.6 loving it!  Personal Blog, Photo Blog

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog.
    my english is not so good.
    Your edit is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting idea to rotate them to give a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails